Around 1880, Jacques Lignier purchases plots of vines in Morey-St-Denis, in the heart of the Côte de Nuits, where the domain is still today. The business is passed on from father to son: His son Jules takes over, then Henri and Hubert follow. In the sixties, the estate extends to 8 hectares.
In 1992, Romain Lignier joins his father but sadly dies in 2004. In 2006, it’s his brother Laurent, with both commercial and technical skills, who takes over the business to help his father. A new cellar is built in Morey-St-Denis.
The duet father and son Hubert and Laurent Lignier manage 9 hectares and make 24 wines (Bourgogne, village, premier and grand cru appellations). The vineyards are ploughed since 1990s, excluding weed killers and insecticides. The great terroirs’ soils are firmly respected in order to favor microorganism and therefore the essential balance for the vine’s growth. Since 2011, Lignier only uses organic protective treatments.